Well, I gave up a few weeks ago. Here are the statistics for 2009's Bike to Work season:
- 3356 km / 2013 miles covered
- 79 bikes to work
- Started April 17, ended October 22nd
- 3211 km / 2006 miles covered
- 73 bikes to work
- Started on March 30th, ended October 16th
- Covered the distance from Los Angeles, CA to Davenport, IA (and a bit into Illinois)
- Based on working every day for 52 weeks, this comes out to be 28% of the time! Actually, a bit higher if you take away holidays, vacations, etc.
Looks pretty close. I think I could have started a bit earlier. I quit as late as I could due to the length of the days. Plus, I biked some extra distance to get the miles up!