Here's my Swedish Glögg (spicy wintertime alcohol drink) recipe!
- 2 Cups port wine
- 10 cloves
- 10 cardamom seeds. I've used crushed cardamom before as well.
- Crushed orange peel (optional)
- Orange peel. I prefer using a few of these. Plus, you get to eat the orange.
- Some allspice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 chunks of crystalized ginger
Combine spices and port wine, simmer on a stove for 1 hour. Make sure you turn on the correct burner.
Then, in a separate pan, combine and boil:
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 quart (4 cups) of water
Add boiling sugar water to the mixture. Then, add:
- 1 quart of vodka (100 proof if possible. Lower proofs tend to have the alcohol evaporate off too quickly, but it works).
Serve warm with raisins and sliced almonds in the bottom of a coffee mug.