Visiting Erie? Need something new to do? Here is a list of things to do and places to go in the Erie, PA area.
- For craft beers and good food, try The Brewerie, Tap House, and Jekyll and Hyde's
- For country music, try the Bourbon Barrel.
- For alternative music try Sherlock's or The King's Rook (this is a membership bar but only costs $10/year)
- For dancing, try Docksiders, Sluggers, Park Place or The Zone (gay bar).
- For crowds? Try Sluggers, Plymouth, Docksiders, Sullivans (mostly college kids)
- For a adult/relaxed atmosphere, try Molly Brannigans, Jekyll and Hyde's, Tap House, and Lavery's
- Baseball (Erie Seawolves)
- Basketball (Erie Bayhawks)
- Hockey (Erie Otters)
- Arena football (Erie Explosion)
Tickets are cheap and keep an eye out for "buck nights"/"dollar days" where tickets are even cheaper and food/beer is a buck
- The Warner Theater often hosts travelling productions and symphonies
- Erie Playhouse is a local theatre
- All an Act and the Station Dinner theatre are also local groups
- Jr's Last Laugh comedy club often has nationally recognized comedians
- Presque Isle State Park must not be missed. It has beautiful beaches, lagoons, hiking trails, bike paths, kayaking, and tours.
- The Tom Ridge Environmental Center has environmentally centered exhibits (free) as well as a large screen movie theatre
- Waldameer and Waterworld is a local amusement park. The Ravine Flyer II was ranked 6th in the world for best wooden coaster (Golden Ticket Awards)
- Splash Lagoon, open year round, is a U.S. ranking indoor water park
- Upper Peach Street, near the intersection of interstate 90, and the Millcreek Mall are the two major shopping hubs
- Get the Erie Reader which is free bi-monthly (every two weeks) publication and carried by most establishments in Erie. It's an independent publication that highlights events, local art/music, and editorials on the happenings of the area.
- Erie Events has most major events listed