- 2 Cups port wine
- 10 cloves
- 10 cardamom seeds (also added some crushed cardamom because I didn't find the seeds in time)
- Crushed orange peel / regular orange peel
- Some allspice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 chunks of crystalized ginger
- Combine spices and port wine, simmer on a stove for 1 hour.
In a separate pan, combine and boil:
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 quart (4 cups) of water
Add boiling sugar water to the mixture. Then, add:
- 1 quart of vodka (100 proof, if you have it. 80 proof works well too).
Serve warm with raisins and sliced almonds.